Thursday, January 13, 2022

Good Cry Anyone?


Well not gonna lie…

Today is not what I would call the best day ever.

First thing this morning I realized that both my dermatologist and my medicine are not covered under my new insurance plan. So that’s lovely. I see a dermatologist yearly because I have psoriatic arthritis. The psoriasis piece has been really controlled with Stelara. Needless to say, Stelara and my doctor are both not covered under my new plan. So I need to research and find a new doctor, have all of my patient records sent to them and then find a new med for my psoriasis. 

Then I took the med dosage Calc test. You have to get a 92% to pass (you can miss two). It didn’t go well at all. Thank goodness they give us one more try to re-take the test. I messed up the simplest thing. The wording threw me off. The question was asking for a flow rate on an electronic pump and for some reason I labeled them gtt/min instead of ml/hr and there were three in a row. You can only miss two and I missed all three of those.  Pretty much spent the afternoon crying about that one. Now I’m over it and I’m ready to retake it because I know what I did wrong and as frustrating as it is it was, it was my own stupid mistake.

In the afternoon it started pouring down rain here in Pittsburgh. It was super dark outside and everything was just super gloomy all day here.

Around dinner time I took Nermal (my cat) in for his two week vet check for his diabetes. His numbers went down from close to 800 to around 420. The vet said that was great but he’s only gained an ounce. So we’re bumping him up to two units in the morning and three units at night. We will do that for a week and if I still notice he’s peeing a lot I’m supposed to bump it up to three units in the morning and three units at night.

Here’s the little cutie sleeping in his cat tree cube…



When I see it written here it doesn’t seem like it should have been such a great catastrophe but it certainly felt like one today. I was just super sad and super overwhelmed in waves. I don’t know if anyone else has had a day like this but it’s almost like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I just wanted to check in because you’ve all been so super supportive about my nursing decision and although I really tried and studied hard I missed three stupid questions. I realize now it’s all good and I’ll do better on my next retake.

I need to go to bed now and hopefully I will have a better restart tomorrow. I am going to a conference tomorrow that I’m super excited about so I will send a whole bunch of pictures this weekend.  Thank us I have an amazing responsible cat sitter that I trust with my cats lives. She loves my cats as much as I do. She’s coming to take care of all my babies and Nermal’s shots over the weekend. It’s a lot of work so she is definitely a saint. So that’s a bright spot! 

Hugs to each and everyone of you… Thanks for being there when I need to talk these things out. You guys are another bright spot!! Hugs!

Ever have one of those days when things one after the other just keep going wrong? Ever have a day where you just feel overwhelmed? Ever have a day where the smallest thing goes wrong and it feels huge? Ever have a day when you just needed to have a good cry?

Stay safe out there!

29 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you can retake the test and that all your effort is not wasted (I am sad for you that you need to take it again though).
    Sigh on the medical mayhem. Our medical system has its problems, but at least we don't have the same ones you do.
    And hooray for better numbers for Nermal. Jazz has to have medication twice a day. At the moment he is taking them with no fuss - which can (and has in the past) change in a heart beat.
    Here's to a much, much better day tomorrow. And all the days to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that you have to give Jazz medication everyday - it is a lot but they give us SOO much love!!! I hope Jazz is doing well!! Today is a much better day! I am at a conference in WVa at a 4H camp and it is wonderful here in the middle of nowhere!!!!! I will definitely share pictures!! Thanks for the kind words and support!!! Sending so many HUGS!!!!

      Delete
  2. Today will definitely be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kathy - I agree! Its hard to see when you are in that moment but today is already much better. Sending so many hugs!!! Thanks for the encouraging words!

      Delete
  3. It was a bad day and you're allowed to feel crummy about it. I hope today will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the supportive words!! It is a much better day today!!! Sending hugs!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry about the test as you were so disappointed. But you found the mistake, simple, and therefore I have great confidence you will do fine on the second try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think I have an understanding and can do much better on the next try! Thanks for the kind words of support! HUGS

      Delete
  5. You were able to write this and days like that happen. Always remember God put our eyes were they are so we can look towards the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patrick!! That is exactly what I needed to hear!!! Sending HUGS!!!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. You'll ace the test next time!
    Hope you can get a good dr and the meds you need.
    That is great that you have someone you can trust for your kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie!! I hope everything will work out - it will definitely end up exactly as it is supposed to I will adjust!! HA! Have a great weekend!! HUGS

      Delete
  7. I think we all could write about days like this. You'll Ace your next Test and the Insurance dilemma is always a tough one to navigate... damn those formularies that make every Insurance so varied about what they'll pay for and what they won't! It is a Godsend to have a good Petsitter who Loves your Fur Babies so much and can administer meds they need responsibly. As an Insulin dependent Diabetic I do Feel for your Diabetic Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitty seems to be doing pretty well and it is actually easier to give him a shot than it was to give him a pill! LOL! The cat sitter just checked in and it all went well tonight!! So that made me super happy!! Thanks so much for all the kind words - I will post pics from the conference tomorrow! HUGS

      Delete
  8. No, not you best day at all. Here's hoping things improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew!! I am hoping also and I appreciate all the kind thoughts!!!! HUGS - have a fantastic day!!

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness, we have all had more than one of those days! I am so glad you get to retake the exam! Exams are learning experiences and you learned from that one! That's all that matters. Having a good pet-sitter is just the best. I don't worry about mine at all when Mary Jane is on the job. Keep us posted and enjoy the conference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Terri you are totally right about the pet sitter!! Mine is such a blessing and I think my pets like her better than me! HA! I definitely learned and I am sure I will do better on the next chance. Thanks for always having such kind words!! You are all amazing people and so encouraging. HUGS

      Delete
  10. So sorry you've had such a difficult day. I know how important that test is for you and you've been working hard. Your healthcare system sounds so complex. I hope you can get your meds and doctor sorted soon. With that to think about and your poor kitty it's not surprising you slipped up on the test. I'm sure the retake will go better. Forget that tomorrow and enjoy the conference. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very very much Wendy! I love you all so much and appreciate all the super kind words!!. It will definitely be better on the retake - I know exactly what I missed and why so I just need to relax and correct those mistakes. I am at the conference now and life is already better!! Sending so many hugs of thanks!!

      Delete
  11. Well rats. I wanted you to pass that test. And you will, next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you are soo sweet Dianne!! Thank you so much for cheering me on. I will do better next time. You could only miss two and I know why I missed the three I did so I should be good on the second try. Thank you for all the support - HUGS!!

      Delete
  12. You go right ahead and cry. Or sit on the couch with a tub of ice cream. Or go to bed without washing your face. Tomorrow is another day. You got this. And look at all the love here! Stay cozy. Watch the storm coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Billie Jo!!! You are too sweet and I love all the suggestions! I chose go to bed without washing my face and scrying myself to sleep but I feel much better this morning and I know exactly what I labeled wrong on the test so the retake should go okay.

      Delete
  13. Sorry it wasn't a good day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks you so much!! Have a wonderful weekend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. You'll kick ass next time! In the meantime sometimes a pint of ice cream and a good cry makes everything betteršŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Margaret!! I hope so! The cry definitely helped! HUGS

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...