Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Big Bens Final Home Game

So guys… I got to tell you Monday night was pretty exciting for me and a whole lot of other people here in Pittsburgh. We’ve had the same quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for over 15 years now. He’s pretty amazing and he’s went a whole lot of games for us. Well Monday night was to be his last game here in Pittsburgh at the stadium. Fingers crossed we will make the playoffs at all but even if we do he will never play another home game here in Pittsburgh. Needless to say we were pretty psyched for the game. I went down with my sister my brother-in-law and my nephew. 


The entire crowd was so fired up! I honestly have never seen the stadium so for this entire year. There’s always empty seats but this game there was very few. The crowd was also so so electric! Here’s a picture of the guy that was sitting in front of us… He was a riot! He said he owns a Restaurant in Braddock, PA. But I’m not sure if that’s true or if that was the beer talking. Lol! Ben Roethlisberger is number seven… As you can see he shaved a tribute to the quarterback in his chest hair… Lol! I have to add… It was 20° out that night… Super cold!


Here’s a little selfie of my sister and I. Together we really get into the games and have such a blast screaming and yelling during the game! We probably get into it way more than we should ha ha!


We won the game and kicked the Browns butts. (No disrespect to the Browns fans out there) This was a picture I stole from the news. This is after the game. I’ve never seen a football game where the crowd stuck around after it was over. We won the game and the crowd stayed for at least 20 minutes and watched Ben walk around and highfive the crowd in the stadium. His eyes were full of tears… It had to be super emotional for him.


There he is… The amazing quarterback that he has been for the past 15 years. I hope he enjoys his retirement as I’m sure they will give him some kind of announcing role in the Steelers establishment. He really is a great guy and all I can say is thank you Ben!


Thank you Ben!!!



10 comments:

  1. I watched the game at home in California and was so happy to see all the love for Ben. I'm a Cowboy fan but my son has been a Steeler Fan probably for as long as Ben has been the QB so I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Ben and the Steelers. It was always fun to watch him play, especially in this last game at home. Glad you had a front seat for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome that your son is a fan. Ben has done so much for Pittsburgh and really given the past 15 years to the city. We definitely love him as fans!!! It was a great game to be at for sure! Good luck to your team as well!!! HUGS

      Delete
  2. LOL I just can't get into football but I love your passion for your team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Julie! I know I am obsessed with my Steelers...it is just so much fun to be at a game. I usually don't even watch if I am at home...being there in person makes football SO MUCH FUN! HUGS

      Delete
  3. Seems he got a nice send-off from so many loyal fans! AND he had a win for you too. Awesome photos and nice memories made!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is exactly right! The win was just the icing on the cake as they have not been the most cohesive team this season....HA! So many hugs Terri!!!

      Delete
  4. Like Julie I am not fond of the "business" of football but understand the "tribes" popularity and how people can be so passionate. I cannot talk to my son-in-law for days after the Cowboys lose a game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am not that crazy but I definitely do love the games in person! The worst for me is walking out of the stadium when we lose...it feels awful hearing the opposing teams cheering - HA! We have gotten fairly used to losing this year unfortunately. But it was nice to get a win on Ben's final homegame! HUGS

      Delete
  5. Such a great pics and what a historic moment. Very nice that you were there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were super happy to be able to be there. Ben will be missed but I am sure he will be given a position in announcing or something in the future. Happy weekend Patrick

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...