Thanks for stopping by!
I blog about fitness, weight loss, recovery, relationships, running, family, gardening, working out and anything else that pops into my head! I have intense love for the Steelers, Pirates, Penguins and my Higher Power-God!
I completed my one and only marathon in 2014!
Please make sure to comment and let me know you were here...I love visitors and new friends!
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Will you add it to your August?
I LOVE dancing! Zumba is my favorite however, I make a point of dancing to music in my home alone whenever possible!!
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, 'To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.' Agree or disagree? Explain.
I LOVE this quote! If I am interpreting correctly that is. To me this means that if you never have to WANT and WAIT to get something, you can never truly appreciate it when you get it. Kids today have this problem a lot! So many kids I know get and have everything they want...it is hard to appreciate anything now days. Kinda sad really.... I can remember waiting MONTHS to get a certain new toy at Christmas.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day...are you a 'thrifter'? If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds.
I do enjoy thrifting! Goodwill is my favorite stop and I also really enjoy flea markets! Your junk is my treasure! HA HA
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you
rate your sense of wanderlust? What kicks your wanderlust into high
I am a 10! I love to get away! Had about four weeks of vacation this summer - made such a difference in my outlook! The beach is my serenity!
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? How so?
Sprint...days go by faster and faster!!! I am getting way too old way too quick!
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives?
Nothing at all!!! Yeah me!
7. What's the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time?
Family vacation to the beach! I did not even know what day of the week it was on most days! LOVE that!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Loving that my weight loss is back on track thanks to Weigh in Wednesday and staying accountable on social media!! Lost 3.2 this week!!! Won't you please join me?!?!!? Stop by and link up there too! I would love to have you!!! Happy Hump Day!
Hi all! It's Wednesday!!! You know what that means?!?!?
It is time to join in with Joyce from This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge. If you want to join in; just answer on your own blog, then hop back to Joyce's blog tomorrow to add
your link to the party. I always love meeting new people and reading everyone's answers!!
1. What's something in your house you'd like to get rid of but can't? Oh UGH! Don't remind me!! LOL! My carpet! I own a condo and I would love to replace my carpet!. My parents had their whole house done for around 5 thousand so I thought it would be reasonable for my little itty bitty condo but guess what???It was ridiculous!! My lowest quote was $3600!! WHAT?!?!? So disappointing! Then - my dishwasher broke so that sealed the deal for no new carpet!! What I am going to do I start watching YOUTUBE videos and learn how to do hardwood or laminate myself!! Stay tuned!!!
2. When is the last time you experienced a sense of nostalg…