Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. It's National Waffle Day (August 24th)...what decision are you currently 'waffling over'? (or share one you've recently 'waffled over')
Buying a new home. I own a condo but when my family comes to visit there is just not a lot of room. I would love to have a large house with room for everyone!! Gotta keep saving!
2. It's the middle of August, but I'm already seeing lots of autumn-related posts. Do you think we rush the seasons? If so, does that bother you? I saw (here) an end of summer bucket list that included-

make s'mores, read a new (or favorite) book in the park, eat something delicious and bad for you at a state fair, be a tourist for the day, have a pot luck picnic, book a last minute summer getaway, relax by or in the pool, take a hike to watch the sunset, have a day on the lake, try a new summer recipe

Which activities on the list might you squeeze in before summer officially comes to a close? 
We definitely rush the seasons way to much and I hate it. I wish we could all just enjoy today more!!!  I went in to Hobby Lobby and they have Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas up already! Seriously!?!? Yuck! It is still summer to me!I may try all the above you have listed...
3. Your favorite summertime 'art' found in nature?
Flowers! I absolutely love flowers!!! God's hand at art work!

4. Stephen R. Covey is quoted as saying 'We judge ourselves by our intentions, and others by their actions.' Agree or no? Do you define yourself based on your intentions, your actions, or something else? 
I am in recovery so I have learned to take a hard look at myself and ALWAYS judge myself on my actions and take a long hard look at my motivations for any situation. As far as others, judge not less we be judged, right? I try really hard not to judge others at all....Live and Let Live!
5. Are you useful in a crisis? Elaborate. 
Today yes....in my younger years absolutely NOT!
6. What's been your go-to dish this summer? Is it something you'll continue making as the seasons change?
Capresi salads are my favorite for summer! Basil, tomato, mozzarella cheese and balsamic reduction is amazing!!!!!!
7. Adult coloring books are a thing now. Have you jumped on the bandwagon? If not is this something you think you might enjoy?
I have, and I like to color but just never find the time. I also enjoy reading way more so that seems to always win when I have down time. I think I have colored 1/2 of one of the pages in my book - LOL!

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
If you are struggling with staying on track with weight loss, I am hosting Weigh in Wednesdays to keep each other accountable...I would love it if you would join in !  Annster's Domain




8 comments:

  1. Hi Ann! Welcome to Hodgepodge!! I read your "About Me" and you are an inspiration! This is my first time here but definitely not my last. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I try to participate every week! I am sure it is a lot of work for Joyce and it is so much fun to meet new people. Thanks for the kind words - hope to see you back again!

      Delete
  2. Caprese salads are a favorite around here too. Good luck with the house hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  3. The Caprese salad sounds good. I might be interested in the Weigh In as I need to lose 5 pounds. I'm going to try to give up bread, potatoes and sugar this week to see if it helps. Your story is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie! That is so sweet of you to say. Just a normal person trying to make the best of my circumstances! :-)
      PLEASE join me if you would like to...this week it was just...HEE

      Delete
  4. All the best with saving for the house♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to strap down the spending!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...