Tuesday, July 7, 2020

That Time I Baked a Pie

I was totally craving an apple pie the other day.

You know the ones that are sweet and delicious with crunchy apples???

So, I found this recipe on the internet.

It was supposed to be the BEST apple pie anywhere!! It has so many 5 stars ratings and recommendations...I HAD to try it!

The recipe is crazy!! It is unlike I have ever made any pie but it turned out AMAZING!!!

It was perfect and had crunchy and sweet apples! 

You will love it!!

Here is the recipe...




It was interesting because you cut up all your apples and then put them in the crust and add the lattice top. 

(Side note- I used Pillsbury refrigerated crusts that you simply unroll and use.)  

You melt the butter, flour, sugar, and water over the stove and then dump it onto the apples through the lattice.  I also added 1 T cinnamon.  It sounds weird but it turned out amazing! It makes this awesome crunchy and sweet lattice on top of the pie.





That is the finished product! My family loved it too.

I have to give credit for the recipe to AllRecipes.com. It is Grandma Opal's Apple Pie.

I promise you will love it if you try it!!

YUM!

Have a fantastic day everyone!! Thanks for coming by and HUGS to you all!!!

Every bake pies or cakes? Do you like cake or pie? Do you use a recipe book or the internet?? How are you doing today???


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was honestly the best pie I ever had in my life!! Seriously!!! Have a great week Julie!

      Delete
  2. It looks absolutely wonderful. Not a lot of fuss either. LOL. Blessngs, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne I have made this one for YEARS! Same exact name and recipe. It is so good. The last 3 times I have used a Pillsbury crust. Tastes just as great. I posted this once too and everyone was like - you pour this over the pie? I kept saying, just try it, trust me it's the best apple pie ever! And beautiful enough for a bakery. (don'tcha just love the crispy part?) Oh yes, and I add cinnamon as well because apple pie must have cinnamon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Margaret!!!! I saw so many reviews I had to try it! Yes, we all loved the crisp top crust - so yummy!!! I am obsessed with this recipe!!! HUGS

      Delete
  4. I don’t bake at all but I am inspired. I’ll let you know how it goes.

    Otherwise, doing peachy. Only thing that could make it better would be a vaccine and November voting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes, bring on November voting and a vaccine - I am in 100% agreement!

      Delete
    2. Seriously - you have to try it. Make sure to add cinnamon to the sugar melt mixture and bake the pie on a baking sheet covered in foil as it will definitely drip over the pie pan. Just a few helpful hints I read by reading the recipe comments. Can;t wait to hear what you think. Have a great day Linda!

      Delete
  5. It really was - thanks for stopping by - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an odd recipe. I've never heard anything like that. It sure does look amazing and delicious though. Send a slice of that over here...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound crazy Ann - I thought the exact same thing but it is a pie that tastes so amazing! Best one ever! I wish I had another one! I may have to bake another soon!!

      Delete
  7. Ehm, that's a regular apple pie to my mind. That's the way we always make them over here, with the lattice work on top. Perhaps Grandma Opal was from Dutch descent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weird part to me Mara was that the topping for the apples was poured through the lattice work rather than tossed on the applies before they are put in the pie pan. If that is the usual way where you are from then you are definitely doing pie right!!! YUM!!! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. I would rather by a pie from the Publix bakery. I have never been a good pie baker, even using the store-bought crust. I'm not that big on pie unless it is custard. BUT - you pie does look amazing and good enough to pay for!! I'm sure it was as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I am the total opposite! I love pe and my family loves cake so usually I have to bake my own. HA! I was craving an apple pie so much but this recipe exceeded everything I thought I wanted! It was amazing! Have a great day Terri!

      Delete
  9. That looks amazing!!!!!!
    I would love a slice right now!
    And you know, we always use the Pillsbury crust, and get so many compliments! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pillsbury crust makes it so much easier to make pie! The hardest part for me is rolling out dough in my small condo kitchen...I have NOWHERE to roll - HA! It tastes so flaky and delicious!!!! I would love a slice too!! HA

      Delete
  10. That looks so yummy. I have only baked from a box. Bad boy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - baking from a box is baking! Especially some of the pies they sell now. Many are even better than homemade! HA HA! Pie is pie Patrick! LOL! Have a great day!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...