Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Last Covid 19 Projects

I believe I completed my final Covid projects.

Things in PA appear to be opening up little by little and soon I will lose my job.  

It looks like I will get word in August or September that my job role in Pittsburgh is done.

After that I have two paid months to find a job before severance kicks in.

All that being said; I will be sort of busy in the next few months looking for employment so I am super happy I completed all the projects that I have been putting off for soooo long over this quarantine!

The last ones were finished last week after borrowing my father's power drill which I used as a screwdriver.

Here we go...

First let me start you off with a lake photo!! This is me every weekend...my entire family just stays in the lake all day everyday! HA! It has been soooo super hot this week so I am sending cooling vibes to everyone that does not have a lake or pool to jump in!



Pontoon float anyone??!?!


My kitchen sink started dripping again. Last time, my dad changed out the cartridge for me but I watched so this time I was able to do it myslef!

Here is the handle after I removed it.

And the old, dirty cartridge! ICK!!!! No wonder they stop working...this looked so gross! I inserted the new one and put the clip through the top and Viola!!! It was finished and no more drip!

That faucet was a super quick project!!



Next up....I have been looking at this grossness under my kitchen sink since I bought my condo. There must have been a leak at some time and it left it super disgusting on the wood under my sink.  Sooo dirty and gross!

So, I measured it and ran to Home Depot. They cut my wood panel to the size I asked and look how pretty it is now?!??! YAY! Another quick project that only cost about $5.

What a difference!!!

And finally....my very last project....this one took a lot longer. maybe a full week working only a few hours each night.

My kitchen cabinet hinges were old and a mess. They had painted them white and the paint wore off on the side of the hinges and they looked awful. Also, many of them would not close all the way. If you push them shut they would re-open a few inches and it has been driving me crazy for years.

So, I measured and checked Home Depot. (Come to find out that mine are a standard size but at least I checked anyway).  They were soooo EXPENSIVE for hinges and I needed 30 of them for all my cabinets.

Then I checked on Amazon and found a great deal for a pack of 50 white ones. Way cheaper than the Home Depot prices.



Here is a close up of how they looked. ICK! Also, you can see in this close up how much paint in on the screws. This was making it super hard to unscrew the doors from the cabinet face.

I first tried to scrap out the paint from the screw head and then unscrew them. It was SO HARD! 

Then I googled it and found out a super great TIP - it is easier if you put the Phillips head screwdriver on the painted screw head and hit it hard with a hammer. The hit loosens the screw and the paint actually grips the screwdriver and it is super easy to unscrew them with a little pressure while you turn the screwdriver. It worked!!! 

After I took them all off; I took the hinges to Home Depot and had them do a paint match for the color. Then I was able to paint where the hinges used to be and touch up any chips in the current paint on the cabinets.

This is the cabinet face after I removed all the doors and touched up the paint. It looked soooo clean and nice!!!

And this is after the doors were reattached with the new white hinges.

Love it so much!

Close up of the new hinges.

So, I am left with 20 extra hinges!!

Anyone updating their cabinets or have a use for these extras. I do not need them and I will be happy to mail them to anyone....you pay shipping...nothing more.

That's it for my projects until I get a new job and go looking for a new house. HA!

I hope everyone is happy and well and getting your projects done too.

HUGS TO EVERYONE!!!

What projects have you completed? How are you today!??!? Do you have a need for 20 white hinges? Have you purchased a pool or where is your creative place to cool off?!?!?






20 comments:

  1. Hooray for you and your dad. We can learn from our fathers. I learned things from my dad. I am praying you find a great new job. It's a scary world . Stay strong. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Susie!!! Yes, my father had taught me so much and it is great to be self-sufficient. HUGS to you - stay safe! Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. Well done. I feel super motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Linda! I am now the totally opposite. It is like a switch clicked and I am so lazy lately. I think I am bummed just worrying about the future. Need to pray more for direction and courage I am sure. I am just happy I completed all the projects before this bummed feeling set in. HA! HUGS TO YOU! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Well done! NO projects around here, only if you mean keeping the grass and flowers alive (been under a head advisory here in western NY). I'm looking for a job too, unfort...if one isn't in the service or medical field (we are still tech. closed / shut down here). ANYWAYS---it is what it is...

    I hope you have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you Linda! It is what it is - praying for courage and guidance. I feel like I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. HA! too bad I am already old! HA! We have the same heat wave in PA and yes, definitely doing a lot of watering here too! Sending you prayers you find something quickly that you love! HUGS - Have a great day Linda!

      Delete
  4. We're getting ready to replace all our windows, so we've been cleaning everything and downsizing all the things we don't need anymore. Lots of junk that we kept that we don't use. It's fun.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only project going on here was sorting/purging, but I put that on hold shortly after the shutdown began. If I can't take it off to be donated immediately, I was second-guessing and "unpurging". During these days of heat and humidity, I stay inside with the A/C.

    Praying for a good job to come your way! Good for you on getting projects accomplished around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you getting all those projects done. I have so many things I need to do around here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Ann - it felt good to get them all done. Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Well done on the home maintenance front. A cupboard door that didn't close properly would drive me mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what it was Andrew! Drove me crazy for years and kept getting worse and worse! So happy it's fixed! HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  8. I think you can just hire yourself out to travel around to all of your blogging friends and fix everything in our homes that need fixin!! Great job on both of those projects AND your floors look amazing! Keep us posted on your job hunt. Gosh, I hope you can find something there so you don't have to give up the condo you love so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! I never thought of traveling fix it person but that is a great idea!! HA! Have a fantastic week!

      Delete
  9. Very nice. You are amazing. Great job on everything. You are talented. I am sending you prayers and positive thoughts on your job search.

    I actually did a little home maintenance project and put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Headed to check it out now Patrick! Thanks for the kind words and I especially appreciate the prayers and positive thoughts!!! Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. You're turning into Handy Ann! They all look great I should do that with the wood under my kitchen sink. mine is metal and its super icky looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a simple thing that made a big difference! It was super gross under mine! Have a great day Julie!

      Delete
  11. Next up - a new job as a handy-woman :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Rebecca! I wish that job came with benefits - I would take it! HA! Have a great day!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...