Thursday, July 9, 2020

2020 Lake Mohawk Fishing Tournament

Every year the lake where my parents lives holds a kids fishing tournament. 

The kids participated in 2018 much to their dismay. We adults thought it would be fun for them but their fishing attention span is not much more then 30 minutes and the tournament lasted 2 hours. My nephew Ryan is the only one that registered and took fish up to be weighed as I think he enjoyed it a little...HA!

Needless to say, after a miserable day of crying and complaining Ryan ended up with two awards. They got third place for the pounds of fish caught and also got the title for the biggest fish in his age category.  He won $50 gift card for the largest fish in his age group and $25 for third place in total pounds caught in his age group.

So, of course NOW ALL the kids wanted to participate since they know there is money involved....HA HA!

The family was out of town when 2019 kids tournament happened but two of the five nieces and nephews were there for 2020. So both Aly and Ryan participated this year.

Here is the recap....

They had a sign on the sign up table with our win from 2018...


It was all very distanced an Covid safe. They had sanitizer and gloves everywhere. It was held at the Lake Mohawk Marina.

Here is Ryan off his chosen dock.

And Aly trying to find a "good" spot. She walked around a lot before choosing her dock.



See how happy Aly is?!?!? She was fishing off a dock and immediately caught a fish.  She took it up to be weighed but did not leave anything on the dock to let people know that she was fishing there. Most kids left a tackle box at the end of their chosen dock.  So, when she got back another kid was using the dock that she had before. That kid was catching fish after fish...LOL! Aly was convinced that it was the sacred spot and she was ripped off. I told her - lesson learned; she needs to leave a tackle box to make her area. She complained the whole time that that kid took her spot and was catching her fish! HA!  That kid ended up winning the tournament. HA

Ryan had fun again...neither kid placed at all this year but fun was had by almost all - except Aly. HA

That night we had a campfire and smores and everything was again right in Aly's world. This is her with my Mom!! So cute!!

We love a night time campfire


This is my sister snuggling her little boy that is not so little anymore - HA!

The next day Aly and Ryan ruled to roost and got to tube more than ever since they were the only two up there on the fishing tournament weekend.

So much fun...

LOL

Bravery on the "Couch" Tube...HA! It is nearly impossible to fall off the couch tube....super stable for riding.

Silly girl...


I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe and healthy!

HUGS TO EVERYONE!

Have you ever entered a fish tournament? Do you like to fish? What sports do you enjoy? How are you doing today?







14 comments:

  1. I went fishing once, when I was in my teens. We went to a trout farm ... the lake was stocked, so we thought we’d catch a lot of fish.

    The only thing that was caught was my cousin, who somehow managed to hook her own face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word - that is horrible! I can not imagine how much that hook would hurt in your face!! OUCH!!! I would probably have quit fishing after that too!!!! Have a great day - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love fishing, but my hubby isn't into it so we never go. My daughter likes it, too. Maybe once her kids are just a bit older we can take them.
    It looks like it was a beautiful weekend at the lake. I miss the days when I used to go with my bff's family when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure her kids would probably LOVE it! My nieces and nephews do. They have competitions to see who catches and releases the most! It helps them learn to appreciate nature too I think. Thanks for stopping by Stacy - have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Awww that sucks she lost her spot lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see in the picture that it ruined her WHOLE day - ha!!! Have a great day Julie!

      Delete
  4. Too bad for Aly and lesson learned! Maybe next year! Tubing always look like so much fun! I am not a fisherman but come from a fishing family. I do love fresh-water fish and know how to filet them and fry them up with some Old Bay Seasoning. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way better than me Terri! I have no clue how to filet or clean or cook. We always catch and release...not sure why but we have never actually eaten them no matter how big we catch - HA! Have a great day Terri!

      Delete
  5. They used to do a fishing derby here on Mothers day weekend. My son always enjoyed it more than my daughter. That couch looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids like to couch because they can just sit and relax - you have to TRY to fall off - HA! Have a fantastic day Ann!

      Delete
  6. No tournaments, but I have fished and do enjoy it when they are biting. I lose interest if they aren't, so always have a book or my stitching with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Robin! I usually bring a book but never thought of bringing stitching! Great idea! Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  7. Allergic to fish, so no fishing tournaments here. Looks like a fun time for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! So you can't eat fish? I would be lost! But we only catch and release! HA - Have a great day Patrick!!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...