Friday, November 6, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Dried Cherry Stuffing and Cookie Baking

I am participating in Show Us Your Life - Thanksgiving Recipes and Traditions at Kellys Korner.

This is from a friend that says this is the best stuffing EVER!!!

I will be trying it this year...I hope she is right and it becomes a yearly staple.

Just thought I would share with y'all!!!




Ingredients
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
6 celery stalks, finely diced
2 medium onions, finely diced
1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted (10 cups)
1 cup dried cherries
3/4 pound Italian sausage, casings removed, cooked, and crumbled
3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 14.5-ounce cans chicken broth
Directions
Melt the butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onions and cook until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
In a large bowl or pan, combine the celery and onions with the bread, cherries, sausage, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the broth and stir until well combined.
Using a large spoon, loosely stuff the mixture into the turkey just before roasting. Cover and bake any unused stuffing in a 325° F oven for 1 hour; uncover and bake for 15 minutes more. Serve warm.




As for the cookie baking...every Thanksgiving as a family (my two sisters, me, mom and sister-in-law) spend at least two days of Thanksgiving on baking our christmas cookies...we mix and bake about 15 different kinds and dozens and dozens of each (ie: buckeyes, peanut butter kisses, twisted candycanes, gingersnaps, etc.). I think we did over 100 dozen last year!!! Then we split them up between all of us and we have cookies to take to peoples homes and give as gifts and of course eat ourselves also!!!!!!!


The kids all fight to be the one to unwrap the Hershey's kisses!! LOL


Longing for the holiday as I type this!!!!!!


Happy Holidays to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...