Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.



Today I am thankful for really good friends! I have quite a few awesome ladies in my life that I am privileged to call some of my very best friends! I met Kathy at work about ten years ago and then met Carol through Kathy! We have volunteered for many CF events together and enjoyed each others company for many years! (From left to right below - me, Carol, Kathy)


Last night the three of us went to dinner at the Walnut Grill in Robinson Twp and it was fantastic! I got pictures of the food but not us!!! Ha! (That is why I used the picture above from when we went to Pirates game last year!)  Our waitress could have been better but the food and atmosphere was great! We had awesome weather last night in Pittsburgh so we sat on the outdoor patio. We had not been out for over a year due to my traveling for work so it was great to catch up with each other! LOVE these ladies!



You are supposed to use this little button to call your waitress if you need her - she did not always come right away - LOL

I got the fish tacos - YUMMY!...

Kathy and Carol both got Meatball Bucatini...
 
 I am thankful to be once again focusing on getting my weight under control! Especially after seeing the picture above - LOL! That was about 30 pounds lighter and I remember feeling so much better about myself then!!! BACK ON TRACK!

I am also thankful that I found these great food eats!!! And no, this is not any kind of paid endorsement - they are just delish!!! The Gordon's grilled fillets are amazing and only 90 calories for a "deck of card" size fillet! They are so moist and full of flavor! They have three or four flavors to pick from and they are all good! I cook them in my air fryer in just 8 minutes and they come out perfectly!

I have to have tarter on fish so I use Greek yogurt mixed with relish and it is a perfect low calorie tarter sauce! You can use it in abundance and not have to worry at all about calories or fat! SCORE! I think I learned the tarter tip at Weight Watchers last year!?!?

 Close up of the tartar after it is mixed - YUM!

And last but not least - I am thankful for God's presence in my life daily to allow me to see all of the amazing and beautiful things he has created! His artwork is so beautiful and I am so happy that I pay attention to it AND HIM today! Look at this beauty that was on my siding glass door! AMAZING!

Even better view...look at those cute fuzzy legs!!! Not sure if the orange is his coloring or if moths collect pollen?!?! Anyone else know?!?! He sure was pretty!


I hope everyone has an amazing rest of their week!!! Thanks for stopping by and I am now off to go read what everyone else is Thankful For Today!!!! HUGS!


Do you know if moths gather pollen? Do you know what kind of moth is above? What are you thankful for today?

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Aren't our girlfriends just the best? I always say (and mean) that Joe is my best friend, but having dear women in our lives who better understand us in ways a man never can is priceless! The food looks delicious! I am also trying to cut back and get some more weight off. I have knee replacement surgery in my future and would like to get another 20 pounds off before going under the knife. Fingers crossed! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri! Thank you for coming by! Good luck with your surgery! I have bad arthritis in both knees and the weight is really NOT helping so that is the major reason for me to lose it also! They do not want to do surgery yet but I am sure a replacement is in my near future! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading your thankful list. Glad you got to catch up with your girlfriends. And I love the pictures of the moths. I just took a couple photos last week of a really cool moth. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! You too! I am happy to hear others take pictures too - I know some people think I am nuts to start at a moth but I think they are amazing!

      Delete
  3. Love my times with friends and they are the best! Good thankful list. I need to get back on track with the food thing, too. It's just so hard!! I gripe at the scales every day. Then I ask DH if he wants ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Nonnie! You are welcome to join me on Tuesdays for a weekly link up! It can be a weigh-in to keep us accountable or just discussion regarding helpful tips and tricks or new healthy food finds. Would love to have you! Thanks for stopping by!!! Hugs

      Delete
  4. That's so awesome that you were able to get together with friends! I need to do that more often. This is random, but my husband works a few minutes away from there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY!?!?! I do too! I am at Bayer. What company does your husband work for? It really is a small world!!! Hugs

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the meal suggestions; I have been trying to be more intentional about what I eat and I love that idea of making tarter sauce using yogurt! Sounds like you had a wonderful night out with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think if you try it! I love it - it tastes just like tarter! Yes, I am really enjoying time with friends and family lately! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I love going out with my friends but sometimes I also just like to stay home in the quiet lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! I totally agree! I think just after all my solo travels; I am so happy to hang with people...LOL!

      Delete
  7. I love the little details of God's creation. So amazing if you really look.
    I wonder if that waitress button REALLLLLY rings anywhere ;) haha
    Thanks for continuing on with Thankful Thursday for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca Jo: Thank you so much for hosting! Everyone that shares really makes me reflect and learn so much! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Fortunately I don't have weight troubles, lol ! The butterfly is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful Gattina! I wish I did not but I think my entire life has been about controlling my need for "more" - anything I like I just want more! LOL! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. Friends are the best! A little appreciation can go a long way, and you're so right; I am in awe of all the beauty and perfection that can be seen in God's handiwork. What an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw - thank you Annette! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I agree, God does amazing work daily if we just keep looking for it!! Hugs!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...