Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Met Charlie Batch...

Yesterday was a great day!
Not only did I get the luxury by my company to work on a Day of Caring outside of the office but I also got to meet Charlie Batch and his wife. It ended up that the playground that we helped fix up was the Charlie Batch playground in Homestead, PA.
To those who do not know, he is a quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers. It was sooo much fun and it was awesome to meet him and wear his superbowl ring....swear....this actually happened...there is a pic below. It was just an all around great day!

Here are the pics....


Charlie and I (Yes, I am wearing his superbowl ring...it was awesome)...














Group photo before the action begins...














I was on the painting comittee...On this photo I painted the poles blue and yellow














On this photo, I painted the red poles on the playset and the swingset in the background.














And the whole group when the work was done...















All in all, we painted/fixed old wooden picnic tables and benches/weeded/planted flowers and mulch/removed debris and added concrete to the basketball court. I am sure I missed other things that were done but the park looked great when we left and I, for one, was extremely proud of what we did in one day!

Thanks again to Charlie, his wife and the "Bast of the Batch" foundation for allowing us to do this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...