Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Ian’s Spanish Sangria

Happy hump day ya'll!!

Today I am sharing with you my brother and sister-in-law's favorite sangria recipe. They went to Spain and took a class on how to make Sangria. At the end of the class, they drank A LOT of sangria and left with a copy of the recipe. They made it for my family over the 4th of July Holiday and everyone loved it (not me of course...HA!) so I thought I would share it here! Enjoy!!


Here is the cute couple prepping the ingredients...LOTS of ingredients...mostly alcohol!! HA HA!


Here is my sister-in-law cutting up the fruit...you use one lemon and one orange sliced into thin rings...

Put that into a large glass pitcher...all they had was a trifle bowl but it worked!!! HA! Add ice!


Get a good sniff of the brandy ...


and then add 100 ml of it to the bowl...


Then add a half of a liter of red wine...cheap red wine is fine!

Then add 100ml of vodka and 100 ml of peach schnapps...


Then 100ml of apple schnapps...




Top off with fizzy orange and fizzy lemon soda...I think they put about 100ml of each in.


And that's it! Mix all together and serve!!


Little pose with their finished product!


Here is the official recipe...


I am adding this fun shot of my sister to the end...maybe she had one too many Sangria's as she was very happy to let me put a watermelon sticker on her forehead and get a picture - HEE HEE!  Just kidding - I love my family for humoring me ...this is actually my sister making her FAMOUS mac and cheese for the family one night...yum!!! I will save that recipe for another time!


Have a fantastic day and week! Now I am off to catch up on everyone else's blogs!

Do you drink alcohol? What is your favorite drink? Ever have Sangria? Do you like to take classes when traveling or just relax?


23 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I ask if that is hard for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't mind at all Linda. It was a little hard at first and my family was wonderful. My first two years of sobriety they did not drink at all at the lake, at picnics or at holidays. And then one Easter after two years sobriety; I approached my parents and told them it was fine it they had wine around me. Slowly, over time, they all started drinking in front of me. They don't drink a lot...they drink like "normal people" and it does not phase me at all. After 22 years of sobriety...it is my decision not to take a drink. I know from the bottom of my heart that if I take even one drink I will eventually (quickly or slowly)lose everything that is important to my life including my life so it is an easy choice for me. I don't even want it anymore - life is WAY too good now!!! Is that what you were asking? HUGS to you! You can always ask me anything...I am an open book about recovery.

      Delete
    2. oh...and have a great day Linda!

      Delete
    3. I'm an Al-Anon and an ACA so I am curious about how alcoholics are affected, manage their sobriety, and how each one is so very different. Through those organizations I have learned compassion but not nearly as much understanding as I would like.

      Love your attitude!!! Happy Monday♥

      Delete
  2. I’m not a drinker. I have been drunk once just to say I did it but I didn’t enjoy it. It made an already dizzy world a bit dizzier. If if I had to pick it would be something fruity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good thing...it is definitely not for everyone. I also do not drink at all but I liked it way too much - I had not off switch! HA HA! Have a great day Linda!

      Delete
  3. Do you drink alcohol? Yes.

    What is your favorite drink? Champagne.

    Ever have Sangria? Yes, back in the 70s Sangria was very popular and I loved it.

    Do you like to take classes when traveling or just relax? I would rather just relax.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the answers Sandee! It is so fun getting to know all these different people! HUGS! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. I dont typically drink alcohol but only because I'm so super sensitive - just a few sips & my head always feel dizzy & tipsy. I do like our local sangria that is made at a winery nearby - its delicious & fruity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like my mother Rebecca Jo - she takes two sips and is done because she feels weird. I quit totally because I have no off switch once i start- HA HA! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. I'm a lightweight, my limit is two drinks (one if it's very strong). I usually prefer champagne or prosecco, but I also like red sangria and white sangria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you - I don't drink at all anymore! HA HA! Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  6. I do have a drink now and then but not often. The Mexican restaurant we like to go to has great sangria. We do indulge when we go there! Your family's recipe sound a little pricey to make unless it is a very special occasion! LOL Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is since it has a million different alcohols!! HA! Have a great day Terri!

      Delete
  7. Fun post!
    I like a good sangria but have never made it. Thanks for this recipe. I don't usually keep that many boozes around the house though, mainly beer.
    I enjoy learning things while on vacations! Classes, tours, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! I figured if anyone had a picnic coming up it would be the perfect recipe! I certainly took a lot of different alcohols though! HA HA! Every time I see schnapps - I think of High School parties...Hee

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I don't drink at all anymore Kathy but my family sure enjoyed it! HA!Have a fantastic day!!!

      Delete
  9. Sounds very nice. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I don't drink any more. Yes, to Sangria; had it when I went to Spain in HS many moons ago. Enjoy your day, Ann!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Robin - I don't drink anymore either!!! I hope you enjoy your day as well Robin! HUGS

      Delete
  11. I had no idea it had all those different alcohols in it!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...