Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fundraiser in Memory of Vince Lascheid

Wow! I have a lot of posts to catch up on as I just uploaded pics from my camera!
Lets start with the fundraiser game at PNC Park on Sept.19th, 2009.

We held the fundraiser itself on Sept.12th and it was a huge success! It was to benefit Pirates charities and was in memory of Vince Lascheid - the long time organist for the Pirates and Penguins and daddy to my best-est friend Mindy!!!!!!!

Anyone attending the fundraiser was given a ticket to the game on the 19th. Mindy recruited 39 students from Mt. Lebanon, PA elementary schools (one for each year Vince played for the ballpark) the sign the national anthem for the start of the game - I sat out of the signing this time and elected myself honarary photographer. Here are a few pics...

Practice before the game start...


The choir on the jombotron...

Mindy leading the kids... (dont look into the stands :-( - the Pirates are not doing very well this season and attendance is simply pitiful...empty stands!!!) The kids had a ton of fun though!
Thanks again Vince for all the great years of music and melody and memories!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...