Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas Day

Happy birthday Jesus!!!

Here is a recap of the past few days with my sister and her family hanging out with my parents for Christmas!

A few days before Christmas me and my mom went to visit my aunt Kathy at her home. She is now staying in a memory home because she has what appears to be the beginning of Alzheimer’s. She still knows who we are so that is a big blessing! We went to visit and I got cute picture my mom, my Aunt Kathy and myself. My Aunt Kathy’s in the middle. My aunt Kathy is amazing! She’s one of my Aunts that stayed single my whole life so she would come on vacation with our family every year when we were kids. I absolutely love her to death.



Christmas Eve night we played this really fun game with a bottle of saran wrap. They giant ball that you try to unwrap with oven mitts on. The person in front of you keeps trying to roll doubles, your turn it over as soon as they get doubles. The goal is to unwrap as much cellophane as you can and you get any goods that fall out of the ball. It was filled with lottery tickets, gift cards, gum, hi-chews, baby Nutella‘s… You get the idea! The picture below is two of my nieces…



More fun…that’s my Dad to the right and niece and nephew…


And there’s Mom… my sister, Mom and myself decided we would all share our loot there in the middle… Lol! The children were not sharing their loot… Ha ha


Then we played another game I saw on TickTock called reindeer ears. The first team to fill their pantyhose with five balloons and put the hose on their head one. We were the losing team but our ears look awful cute - this picture is my Mom and niece.


After we played a few games we decided to drive around the lake and look at everybody’s lights. This is the house that won the award for the best decorated. They actually have an outhouse with Santa sitting in it… The kids were quite amused!


Christmas day we were all entertained, even the dog, by my nieces guitar playing. She’s taking lessons and loves it… She’s getting really good! I can’t wait till summer comes around again and we can do sing-along‘s at the campfire


My sisters family had to leave to go to her husband side of the family later in the evening on Christmas day. It was just my Mom, Dad and myself for the rest of Christmas Day so we just kind of hung out, talked, and did some puzzles.


Here’s the picture we got before we left for church… This is in front of my parents tree.


And this is the picture we got in church… Everybody looks really bright! I think the birth of baby Jesus was shining through!


I will leave you with one final picture…

My nieces and nephew got a picture of mini years ago with who they thought was Santa. It really was my dad dressed up like Santa. My niece Kyleigh was four and the twins, Aly and Ryan were three. Aly hated Santa! She was terrified and cried the entire time… She had no idea it was my father. We asked the kids to re-create the picture this year and this is what they came up with…



Seriously!?? Melt my heart!!

Merry Christmas, happy holidays!!! No matter what or how you celebrate…I hope your heart is full and you show others love today!!

Hugs everyone!!!


11 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a very good time. Reindeer ears in stockings, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really game we tried for the first time this year Andrew. We all got a kick out the fact that my Dad was the best at shoving the balloons in to the stocking!! He was a professional and he "claims" he has never put on hose...HAHA!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a great one! It is nice your parents have such a large house for those big gatherings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they bought this lake house as their retirement home and it works well when we all bust in to visit! Also, we are there most weekends in the summer too so it is good that it is roomy - sometimes you need to find a break area from family...HAHA! Hope yours was awesome too Julie!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a wonderful Christmas was had. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice Patrick - I hope yours was everything you expected as well!

      Delete
  4. Happy you were able to spend Christmas with your family. I've never heard of the Saran Wrap ball game; I see several iterations of it on You Tube. But it's a sad time when someone you've loved for much of your life starts to lose memory. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alana...it is very hard. It is the worst for her siblings but definitely hard for all of us. So very sad to watch....

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a fun Christmas with your family! Those were some fun and exciting games! I love to see families come up with creative things to do together. And those pictures with Santa! Hilarious! Love that you recreated it. So sweet that you were able to visit your Aunt in the care center. I am sure she appreciated it more than you know. Thank you for sharing your Christmas memories with us. Looks like it was a truly wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was wonderful Pamela! We try to get together as much as possible - we are probably closer than many families but I like it that way! The games are so fun for the kids and they are sooo competitive!! HA! We are holding dear all the time we have left with my Aunt before her memory goes for good and she no longer knows us.

      Delete
  6. You are welcome! Thanks for coming to my page!

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...