Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday

Hi everyone!

Today I will be joining in with Penny at Penny's Passion and Vanessa over at X-tremely V for their Thinking Out Loud Thursday and also joining Kristin for Stuff and Things! I am always looking to make new friends!!!




The main random thought on my mind is that yesterday I celebrated 19 years of being clean and sober and it felt absolutely amazing! I got sober when I was 28 and I felt so very young back then! So many years have passed and I still feel young although I am apparently not anymore - LOL! The changes in my life are very dramatic since then and I am no longer that person at all thanks for an EVER VIGILANT program of recovery and the mindset that I will never be "cured".

I know a lot of people that bash programs of abstinence but I can tell you it is totally what worked for me.I wanted it and I took suggestions and did the footwork to attain it. I see a lot of young people coming through our doors today and they do not want to work for anything...at all. Their entire lives have been handed to them on a silver platter by parents that never made them work for anything.  Then when they are asked to do simple things to recover, they are not willing to put in the work.

I am so very grateful I was finally ready to do whatever it took to recovery! Also I am forever grateful to that program and those Friends of Bill for everything that I have in my life today!! I am a very blessed woman!

Second thought: after reading Penny's blog today...I agree! I would love to win Ellen's giveaway so year! I have tried for years and never won anything! Also, this year I am completely confused how to find out if I won. They used to email the winners but now you have to see your name on the screen in a split second
...needless to say...I enter everyday in multiple ways and I have yet to see any names on the screen during the show....LOL! So, please Ellen, if I win email me...otherwise my prizes will go unclaimed. UGH!


And my final thought...I have been so on track this week with my eating!! Yeah me! Day 4/4 and I have not cheated yet!!! Yippee!



I hope everyone has a great week!!!

What are your random thoughts today? Please share with me!!! :-)

Are you avoiding treats this holiday or will you be digging in full force!?!?

How do you maintain your sanity and balance in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...