Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Questionaire

I saw this done by Nikki over at Me 2 We Est 2011 and thought it was sooo cute I just had to complete it myself!!! I just simply LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays and cannot think of a better time of the year!!!!!!

Here goes.....

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate definitely...not a fan of egg nog at all plus it has alcohol right? I dont drink so definitely Hot Chocolate!
Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love colored on my tree!! Outside I do a little of both....white sparkling icicle lights and colored lights on the garland that I link the porch rail with.
Do you hang mistletoe? ABSOLUTELY!!!! I AM SINGLE!!!! If there is someone at my house that I want to kiss, what an icebreaker!!!!!!!! Just push them under and smooch away!
When do you put your decorations up? About two weeks before Thanksgiving this year. I have no patience and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the holidays so I just could not wait any longer! The funny thing is I took my tree down about a week after I pout it up - I have a new kitten and she was DESTROYING the tree so I had no choice...now I am left to enjoy my outdoor lights and garland lights until next year when I will try again... it's all good though - I still love the kitten!!! :-)
What is your favorite holiday dish? Stuffing - love stuffing!!! Just the plain old kind in the turkey with sage - no fancy stuff with fruits and nuts - good old old fashioned stuffing in the bird - YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My great-grandmother coming to stay with our family on Christmas Eve so she could be there when we got up Christmas morning!!! She has since passed but I stilll think on her daily!!!!
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly cannot remember...I am now in recovery and A LOT about my earlier years is just gone...lost...no memory...I blame the partying! HA!
Truth about Santa? I still believe...he exists in some way...he is an amazingly gentle man that loves children and makes those wonderful "coincidences" happen around the holidays (just like God the rest of the year)....Maybe thast is it...it is God in a Santa suit! HA!
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, my family does a grab bag each year for my sisters and their husbands and my borther and his wife and I - that way we only buy one gift for a sibling or spouse...that is the gift we open on Christmas Eve..all others wait until Santa has come!
How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights and ornaments (all my ornaments are gifts I have received throghout the years so I love putting them on and remembering who it is from and when) very sentimental for me!!!
Snow! Love it or Dread it? Sometimes love it (pretty to look at and love it on the trees and for sledriding) and sometimes dread it (scares me that have family driving around on dangerous roads and hate scraping windows on the car every morning before work in PA!
Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember when I was about 10 I got a rock tumbler and I loved that!! That is about the only one I REALLY remember.
What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? definitely COOKIES - any kind or peanut brittle - yum!
What is your favorite holiday tradition? My family spends the weekend after Thasnksgiving together baking our Christmas cookies...we do about 100 dozen cookies easily of all different favorite kinds and then all split them up! It is great family bonding time and we get lots of great cookie trays to give out for the holidays!!! WIN WIN
Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUM!!!
Favorite Christmas movie? Definitely Rudolph - the old (unremastered one) that is blurry with that awesome guys voice through it all!!! LOVE it!
Saddest Christmas Song? The Little Drummer Boy
What is your favorite Christmas song? The Little Drummer Boy and Merry Christmas from The Family (by the Dixie Chicks on Rosie O'Donnell's second Xmas album) - hillarious!
What are some of your Christmas traditions? I always get to help the kids make an gingerbread house....this is Aunt Annies job at the Christmas holoday....I love it!!! This year the older cousins actually took over this task for my and did a great job helping their little cousins...guess I better figure out a new one, hugh?!?!? SLED-RIDING woudl be great if there is snow!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas (or Happy holidays if you celebrate something else)!!!!

Lots of Bloggy love to you all!!!!

Thanks for being my support throughout the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...