Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Greek Love!


I HAVE THE GREATEST HEALTHY RECIPE FOR YOU GUYS!


If you like Greek food (ie: grape leaves, hussus, etc.) then you will LOVE this recipe!


I was getting a pedicure two weeks ago and my nail tech mentioned growing herbs. I told her I also have many plants and my patio looks like a jungle. We started sharing what we grow and found out we both are growing spearmint. I use it in tea and salads and she said I had to try this recipe.


Again, this was two weeks ago!!! I have made it at least three times since.....for about three days I ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner - soooo yummy and good for you! So, I am sharing and I PROMISE you will love it!!!! TRY IT!!


Greek bean salad

2 can drained and rinsed black beans
1 cup chopped onion (you can use less but I LOVE onion)
8 oz reduced fat feta (you can use regular)
1/2 cup chopped mint leaves


Mix the above all together in bowl then...

shake together 1/4 cup of lemon juice and 1/8 cup of olive oil

pour that over the bean mixture.....ENJOY!!!

It is good right away but is even better after refrigerated for at least a few hours so the flavors marry!!!!


yummmmmmmmy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...