Monday, April 1, 2013
Happy Friend Making Monday to you all!!
I hope everyone had a great Easter - I know I did - only, sadly wayyyyyy too short!!
It is time for Friend Making Monday with Kenlie at All the Weigh....copy the questions below and play along this week! Just make sure to link back to All the Weigh so everyone can see your answers. It is a great way to meet new bloggers and gain new followers and also enjoy everyone elses answers!!
Here we go!!!!
1. Did you have a set bedtime as a child? If so, what was it? The bedtime I remember is 8:00PM but that could be wayyyyyyyyy off as I have sooooooo few correct memories according to my siblings. My recollection is extremely skewed according to all of them...ha!
2. Were you taught to be a member of the “Clean Plate Club?” Did it have affect your eating habits as an adult? I was taught to clena my plate but I do not think it is the reason that I overeat today. i overeat because I LOVE food and everything it gives me, the fullness, etc. I think my understanding of the clean plate rule in our house was clean your whole plate (meaning eat your healthy food) or else there is no dessert for you. I think this actually taught me that if I am too full for "healthy" food then I am too full for junk too.....just my take on this.
5. What was your favorite thing on the playground? I loved the witches hat at the playground in Uhrichsville, OH. My parents families both lived there (grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins) and everytime we went there I ended up on the withches hat....so fun and versitile. You can fit a lot of people or just a few and also sit or stand - back when everything was not "kid-proofed" ha ha!!
6. Share one thing that your parents always made you do that you didn’t like doing. Dishes, dishes, dishes! My siblings and I had to take turns clearing the table and loading the dishwasher. Simple chore but just never wanted to do it.
7. Do you remember your first kiss? If so, share the details! Not a clue-I honestly have no idea who, when or where!!!! Sad hugh?
8. Did you prefer to play inside or outside? Outside!!! Games are so much more fun outside!! I still to this day love freeze tag or hide and seek with my nieces and nephews....definitely prefer to be outside!!!
9. What was your favorite TV show growing up? I LOVED Planet of the Apes and Speed Racer. I was soooo obsessed with Planet of the Apes that I actually was one of the apes for Halloween for about three years when I was a kid.....loved it!!!!
10. Share one awesome childhood memory. I remember getting to fly with my Great Grandmother Jumps from Pittsburgh to DesMoines, Iowa to visit my Uncle Tim and Aunt Carmencita that lived there. I remember that my Grandmother always had these pink losenges in her purse and she had it on the floor and the next morning the whole downstairs was full of ants!!! And I remember getting to go see the Bobby Vinton concert with them all.....it was soo much fun!!!! LOVED it!
Bonus: Share a picture of yourself as a child. This is my father with all the kids. I am on the far left...
Hope everyone has a great week and I cannot wait to see everyone elses answers~~Here's to new friends!!!
Posted by Ann W