Monday, August 27, 2018

Oh What a Weekend and Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!!

What an eventful weekend!! I had a busy one planned and then it actually became more eventful with a revelation and tire blowout! UGH! Life happens, right?

So, lets get right to it! I was so excited to stay home for a weekend and have my family come into town and then get to chill and spend a little time with my friend that is recovering from a stroke on Sunday.

So......Saturday morning I dressed in my Steelers best and met up with my parents for the game. I left my car at a local mall and we drove to Heinz Field in one car so we would not have to pay for parking for two cars.

We always like to get into town early and get lunch at a local restaurant. We decided to eat at Soho (which I love)!!! It was delish!!! They have a special game day menu that includes all the favorites. We had lamb gyros and tuna melts - everyone's food was soooo good and it was the perfect day to eat on their patio. If you live in Pittsburgh you should give Soho a try!!! Here I am with Mom and Dad!!


After we ate, we walked to the stadium and we made Dad pose in the Antonio Brown cutout - cute, right?!??!

I then made Mom get a game day spirit tattoo on her cheek...do you see a theme here (I made.....). Before the game even started they begged me not to "make them" be in any more pictures - HA HA!

Here is a quick shot of warmups before the game started ...

And this is our view from our seats! It is electric in Heinz Stadium on game day! Even for preseason games I never understand how people would rather watch from their homes on TV because I LOVE to be there with the crowd and players!! SOOOO FUN!!!!!! You can see the tip of my new shoes!!! They are Sketcher's I saw in Costco and they are crazy comfortable. LOVE them!!

We met up with this adorable family at half time! This is my brother and his family.  They used my friend's tickets and my parents and I used my sister's tickets.

Here is the whole gang when they came to visit us at halftime! It was preseason so a lot of people left at halftime so they joined us in some empty seats in front of us. Aunt Sara was the skill behind this group selfie!!! Great job getting everyone in!

I love this picture of my nephew. He LOVES sports!!! Antonio is his favorite player and I swear he was swinging his terrible towel the entire game!! He tried so hard to get onto that jumbotron but it just did not happen!  It is so much to be there with fans that get into it!!! Such fun!

After the game, my brothers family and Mom and Dad were headed back to my parents house for the rest of the weekend. We decided to stop and eat dinner together before they all drove home so my parents took me to get my car at the mall where I left it and we were going to meet my brother at my family's favorite restaurant Eat n Park in Robinson, PA. I got my car and my parents were following me to the restaurant and I blew out a tire!!!! UGH!!! It was crazy and scary but I was able to get off the first exit and my Dad put my donut wheel on my car for me. Thank Goodness they were following me!!! Thank you Dad!!

So my Sunday ended up being spent getting tires for my car at NTB. The tires on the car were the ones that it came with and they were all ready to go (there are 25,000 miles on my car now) so I ended up being safe and replacing them all. I took my friend to breakfast and made an appointment for 1PM to get the tires on. As I was hanging out with him the "selfish him" came back and he was griping about me having to leave and get tires (what?!?! are you kidding me?!??! like I want to go sit and get tires?!??!) and I noticed a cupboard above the refrigerator that was open halfway...it was where he used to hide his weed. When he left the room, I opened it and GUESS WHAT?!?! There was weed and a pipe there!!! I confronted him and he swore up and down that it was from before and it was not his.  The reality is he is such a giant liar it is no longer even sad or pathetic. It is scary how easy it is for him to lie to me looking right into my face!! I feel nothing at this point except disgust in the fact that he had two strokes and he is still smoking weed!! What an idiot...and lying about it on top of that! I flipped out and told him that he is going to definitely have another stroke and he just kept lying and saying it was not his...LOL!!
I am going over today after work to go for a walk with him but I am not even sure how long I can continue to be his friend. This weed crap is getting so old at this point and it is a matter of time until he kills himself so I am getting really close to tapping out of his life again. I am going to pray on what to do but at this point; I may not even have the patience for a friendship with him!!! Thanks so much for letting me vent - UGH!

Here are my pretty new tires though - HA HA!


So that sums up my weekend!! HA!! I love my family and I thank God for them everyday! You can bet I will not be slating any more time in my life to stay home and spend time with my friend. Especially when he is not even trying to help himself!

Any advice?!?!? It is always welcome from you guys!!  How was your weekend? Ever have a tire blow out? Ever have to deal with an addict?

19 comments:

  1. Glad you had your dad behind you on that ride from the parking lot. Scary stuff when you get a flat and have to sit there waiting on someone to rescue you (been there!). Glad the game was a fun family time. Loved seeing the photos of y'all! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Terri! I thought the same thing! Also, so happy I did not cause an accident! It could have been WAY worse!!

      Delete
  2. The football game sounds like a lot of fun!! As for your friend, it sounds like you'd be better off without that negativity in your life. I know that's easier said than done, but nobody needs a liar or someone that selfish in their life. Good luck to you, no matter what route you choose to take in that aspect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I agree totally with you! I have been down this road before but at least this time I was not blindsided and was almost expecting it to happen...sadly. Time will tell if I am even able to be there as a friend. Thank God for my friends and family that I CAN count on. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks that he won't help himself and lies straight to your face. At least the Steelers game was a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems like even after getting a second chance at life; he is bent on destroying himself. So sad! My family is my lifeline always! Thanks for coming by!!! HUGS!

      Delete
  4. How amazing to go a football game like this! Glad your family was there, especially when ending up with a flat tire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Bri?!?! I am right there with you! Everything happens for a reason and I am really blessed - it could have turned out WAY worse!! Thank goodness I was not in an accident or stranded and trying to change that tire myself! Have a great day!!!

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the blowout but looks like you had a wonderful time. I would love to visit that stadium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! It is a lot of fun to be in that stadium - it really is electric!! So much fun! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  6. I had an impromptu visit from friends on Sunday. We met at the house during one of Brett's breaks in teaching and then he stayed home to teach more and the three of us went to a really relaxing restaurant by the river and hung out for a couple hours.

    I cut ties with a friend once because she was bad for me. I didn't like who I was turning into around her. If your friend will accept your help, it might be worth it to stick around and try to be supportive. But he has to make his own decision to change. If being around him hurts you more than it helps him, maybe it is time to say goodbye. You are right to pray about it first. What God advises is better than any comment you'll read here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Red!!! Sounds like you had a fun and friend filled weekend!! Nothing better than relaxing by water!! Ahhh...
      Thanks for sharing your experience...it is helpful to hear from everyone. I definitely know I cannot be in a relationship with him as I can not trust him at all and I figure time will tell if a friendship is even still possible. I will keep you all posted though! Thanks for the insight - it truly helps!! Have a great week! HUGS

      Delete
  7. How fun! It looks like you, your parents, and brother's family really enjoyed the game. The tire blowout is so scary, but thank goodness your dad was right behind you!

    Also, good luck with your friend. My husband is in recovery, and so I know all too well about the lying game. It's so unfortunate that your friend doesn't recognize that you're really just concerned about him. Good luck. Sounds like he has a lot more recovery work ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annette!! Thanks for stopping by - yes, I am so thankful my parents were with me! It all worked out the best way it could have that is for sure!
      Glad to hear your husband is in recovery...I am also. 21 years sober so that makes it even more dangerous for me to be involved with my friend. I am praying on what to do and time will tell if we are able to even be friends at this point. He sees nothing wrong with what he is doing - scary!!! I will keep everyone posted - Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Love the pictures of you and your family. You all look like you are having so much fun.

    I'm sorry about your friend. Hope he comes to his senses soon. I have no advise except keep praying. God will give you the wisdom you need to decide what to do if you ask. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5 NIV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! Yes! That is exactly who I am turning to...praying, praying and praying some more! HA! I will let you all know when he answers - :-)
      Thank you for reading and have a great week!!!

      Delete
  9. How exciting to do a football game! I saw that field in person a few years ago. So glad they were following you. Also happy that you took care of your tires. All should be safe now. I am really sorry about the weed. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby!!! Thanks for the hugs! They are appreciated although I am not at all surprised by the outcome unfortunately. It really does not even hurt that much since I was kind of expecting it...UGH! Praying for a miracle at this point! Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. Love so much that it doesn't matter how old we are, dad comes to the rescue whenever possible for tire changes! I think your plan of cutting him back out sounds like the best solution -- you don't need that in your world.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...