Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Hi all!  It's Wednesday!!! You know what that means?!?!?  

It is time to join in with Joyce from This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge.  If you want to join in; just answer on your own blog, then hop back to Joyce's blog tomorrow to add your link to the party. I always love meeting new people and reading everyone's answers!!

1. What's something in your house you'd like to get rid of but can't?  Oh UGH! Don't remind me!! LOL! My carpet! I own a condo and I would love to replace my carpet!. My parents had their whole house done for around 5 thousand so I thought it would be reasonable for my little itty bitty condo but guess what???It was ridiculous!! My lowest quote was $3600!! WHAT?!?!? So disappointing! Then - my dishwasher broke so that sealed the deal for no new carpet!!  What I am going to do I start watching YOUTUBE videos and learn how to do hardwood or laminate myself!! Stay tuned!!!
 
 

2. When is the last time you experienced a sense of nostalgia? Elaborate.  This one is easy! I wear my Great Grandmothers ring she left to me in her will every day and I swear every time I happen to glance at it on my finger or start to twirl it out of habit; I am immediately taken back to my childhood! I spent so many hours sitting and talking with my Great Grandmother. Her name Margaret Eileen Jumps and she was an amazing woman! After my fathers mother died when he was 14, she took over as the mother figure in the family. She was an accomplished organist in her church and was such a lovely, classy and talented woman. I will never forget everything she taught me! It did not hurt that I was her favorite also! :-)

3. You're only allowed three apps on your smart phone or tablet...which three do you keep?  

First - I use my bank app everyday-I have to have it! I love that I can transfer from accounts and also deposit from my phone now!!! No more trips to the bank AT ALL!!   Second - Facebook!  I am almost sad to say this but I still LOVE Facebook! It keeps me connected to friends and all my nieces and nephews and family and I love to see how much fun everyone is having this summer!!  Third - I would have to keep My Fitness Pal. Now that I am back on track with my eating and exercise; it is a must to keep me in line!
 

4. July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day. Who knew? Not I!  Do you like blueberry muffins? They are just okay.  If you were going to have a muffin would blueberry be your choice? No, I would chose banana nut!!  What's the last thing you baked?  Sadly I do not even remember! As you can tell from my answer, I do not bake. HA HA
 

5. What's the biggest way you've changed since you were a child? I was horrible! I do not remember a lot but I know I was a bully and not very nice to others. I recently found out from someone I grew up with that I was the one that told him he was adopted! Apparently when I was around 8 years old I overheard my parents talking about it and ran and told him! His parents had not told him yet! I apologized to him when he told me that story last year. See?? I was awful!!  In what way are you still the same?  I am still very fun-loving and spontaneous! I pride myself in being the "fun aunt" and I hope I never grown up so much that I can not laugh at myself and have fun!

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Please consider stopping by my blog on Tuesdays!!! You can follow me and visit me HERE!! I am starting Trim Down Tuesdays link up to help anyone that wants a supportive place to hang out as we share our weight loss and healthy eating journeys!!  


I can not wait to go visit the others that are linking up today with Joyce!! 

Happy Wednesday yinz!!

22 comments:

  1. I'd love to be able to get rid of my carpet as well!

    Your memory from childhood ... oh my! I think we all have a memory or two of something we wish we could go back and re-do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!?!? I was terrible! But I am spending my adult life being better! HA! Also, it was awesome to get to apologize after all these years and really mean it!

      Delete
  2. I would love to replace my carpet too...but not with carpet...with hardwood, or even laminate. My 2 dogs and my little grandpup occasionally have accidents, and cleaning up from carpet is beyond difficult. I always fear my house having a urine smell...lol

    So you were a bully?! How neat that you got a chance to apologize for that hurt you inflicted on that boy. I was never a bully, but I was definitely a snob for several years.

    I wear a grandmother's ring every day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti: Unfortunately I think I was?!?! Or maybe just loud and thoughtful but I am definitely a nicer person today! HA! I am planning to watch a lot of you-tube videos and then do hardwood myself...should be interesting! :-) Definitely NO MORE CARPET!

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the flooring. I would never attempt it. I really enjoyed reading about your great-grandmother's ring and so everyday you see it of course and think of her. That's great that you got to apologize for your telling the child he was adopted. I still feel bad about the time I told a secret that I had promised to keep. When I realized how much it hurt my friend, I resolved to always be a person who could keep secrets, just as my mother always did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nonnie! I think what you said really brings it all home! In the end, I think we are human so we will make mistakes but the important thing is that we learn from them, don't repeat them and always resolve to do better! I only own a small condo so how hard can flooring be, right?!?! LOL! That will definitely be a documented blog spot! HA! Hugs

      Delete
  4. That's an insane quote for new carpet! Before moving we got rid of the old carpet … and went with ceramic tile that looks exactly like hardwood. My DIL has 'real' hard-wood and hates it because it scratches so easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially since I own a tiny two bedroom condo!! Seemed really high to me also! My brother told me that same thing about hardwood - I am definitely leaning toward laminate. There are so many great options out there now! Thanks for stopping by - hugs!

      Delete
  5. So much to comment about today because your answers resonated with me!

    The tribute to your great grandmother - so very, very sweet. What a lovely reminder you have of her love for your family.

    I can't believe that I didn't consider MyFitnessPal. I use it many, many times a day. It really helped me get back in shape when I was working on portion control a couple of years ago.

    That you're-adopted-story . . . oh girl. I wouldn't say that you were bad but rather a child who probably didn't know better. Grace upon grace . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting after reading my answers!!! I love meeting new people and finding new blogs to follow!!! I am a subscriber! I love all your comments and especially your understanding of my "not so polite" adopted story...I really have learned from that and that is definitely what is important! Grace upon grace is beautiful!!! Great to meet you and can't wait to get to know you better from, your blog! PS - Your shoulders ARE amazing!!! I am happy I am following your path using Fitness Pal!!! Happy Thursday! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. The price of carpeting is RIDICULOUS. When we got the quote for our small house, I almost passed out. No way were we going to spend that much money on something my kids will stain in a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it!!! Plus, like others have said; no matter how much you vacuum, is it ever really clean! HA! You are in PA with me also - from what I hear, it is wayyyy cheaper in Ohio! Crazy though!! I swear your kids get cuter everyday!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  7. I was a fairly horrible highschooler, so I can relate! I'm thankful that my values have changed since then! I'm looking forward to getting rid of our carpeting, too! Bring on the sweepable flooring!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan!!! I am happy to hear at least there were a few others that had to "learn" to be nice and considerate! LOL! I will definitely be posting my flooring adventures as I complete them here on the blog. How bad could I possibly screw it up?!?! Hugs!

      Delete
  8. I used My Fitness Pal for quite a while (two years?), but for me the key was finally just to eliminate sugar from my diet. Totally keeps me where I want to be and feeling so much better. I hear ya on that carpet! We're finishing all the upstairs in hardwood (which we have purchased already), but it means doing it when my husband has time (a rare commodity), whereas carpet would be hiring someone else to do it. Still, SO MUCH MONEY! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear your husband can do the floor!!! You could post his work so I can follow and learn from him!!!! LOL! I will be watching weeks and weeks of YouTube before I begin mine! HA! I recently eliminated sugar also and I felt so good but I have this horrible chocolate addiction that I have to satisfy...other than that, I completely agree no sugar! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. We got rid of all of our carpet less than 2 years ago and it was the best decision EVAH! I enjoyed all of your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby: Happy to hear you are happy with the decision. Once I buy the laminate and start tearing it all up; there is no going back!!! Have a great rest of the week - hugs!

      Delete
  10. I forgot about horribleness from being young. For me, it was angry. I was a very angry teen. But I was also a loner, so I don't think I was actually mean to anyone. I think your Tuesday group sounds interesting. I keep myself in pretty good shape, but accountability is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You should definitely join in! I would love to have you even give tips and tricks on how you maintain! Lord knows I need all the help I can get! Have a great rest of the week and I hope to see you for Trim Down Tuesday! Hugs!

      Delete
  11. That's a sweet story about the ring. I till love Facebook too but I was thinking of what apps I might want if I was in trouble/lost/emergency! So you were bully. I'm sure you have grown out of that and it's nice to be the fun auntie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fun Aunt is my favorite role in my life! Love every second of my time with those kids!! Hugs!

      Delete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...