Hi Everyone! I hope you are all still here and reading... I have been MIA dealing with a breakup lately. Little sad...little depressed...little stronger. I knew it was the right thing to do. I had to walk away to save myself! It sux for today but life goes on!
I am truly happy that I am returning in time for Wednesday HodgePodge this week!! This is another awesome link up - you can join in also! Just answer the questions below and go visit Joyce at From This Side Of The Pond to link up!
1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why? (1=eh; 10=best summer ever). Let's see...I broke it off with the boyfriend (I thought he was a 10) but it turns out that was really bringing me down and causing me to let myself go and lower my standards or what I would tolerate in my life (which made him a 0). As far as travel, I have gone to the lake, New York and Stone Harbor, NJ already for vacations...we are having record high temps here in PA which I love....so I am going to have to give it a 10 so far and I am expecting it to get better and better!!!
2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have any aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one of them or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays)? Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts and uncles or relating to a niece of nephew who call you aunt (or uncle). I have many aunts and uncles and I am am also aunt to many children! I have a big close family. My Aunt Marti and Aunt Kathy are the ones that I am closest with. They are both not married and would go with us every year on vacation! Those are awesome memories!
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? My favorite food to dip in chocolate is bananas! I love to slice them and cover them and then freeze them for great summer treats! What's your favorite food dipped in cheese? I love tortillas in queso!! YUMMO. That will be my treat to myself when I hit goal weight!
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain. I guess I was astonished when I realized how much pain addiction causes the family of the addict! I am in recovery but to see the other side first hand really blew me away! I recently learned, first hand, how addiction harms everyone close to the addict but the addict himself sees no issues AT ALL with what they are doing! It is like a path of destruction for years and years and years and if you ask them, they are not hurting anyone but themselves. I have a lot of sympathy for the families of active addicts and alcoholics. It is so hard to let go and walk away but it has to be done or you will go down along with the addict mentally, physically and spiritually.
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, scoreboard, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered? Having just been at the beach in Stone Harbor, I will go with paddle board! We rent paddle boards every year on the bay. Here is a photo from last year...I spotted a baby shark while I will riding and I turned around and came right in! My knees were shaking like crazy. I am sure it was harmless but I knew I would lose my mind if I fell in and knew it was there! LOL! I am a big chicken!!
6. What's your favorite story from Scripture? Why that story? Matthew 6:9-13 “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” Anyone that has ever been a "Friend of Bill's" will understand why ;-)
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see? I have to look at a map for this! LOL! I would start with Florida (I love it there in The Villages!) then to Michigan (Going to hunt for Kidrock) then Oklahoma (I have a good friend Mark there and he swears it is a must see) then to Arizona (I was there for training a few years ago and I did not want to leave) and finally to Washington (I have a wonderful friend Mariela in Seattle and I HAVE to get there soon to visit)!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I love my life! I do not have everything I want but I truly have everything I need! Thanks everyone for reading and being my bloggy friends!