Welcome all! I am joining Joyce for this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge. The instructions are as follows if you wish to participate then answer the questions, add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then run say hi to the blogger who linked before you. Lets do this ladies!!!
1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?
How much more I know every year. Each year I learn so much more about life and what really matters and my mind is opened even more! If I only knew then what I know now.....LOL!
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe (apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most
ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud?
Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?
The only one that is at all applicable in my life is buttdial. The others I will never use and honestly, do not see a need to....LOL!
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it
comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made
variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy,
country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast
and gravy...which on on the list is your favorite?
I love gravy! Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy are the things I look forward to about Thanksgiving dinner. I also look forward to sausage biscuits and gravy when I go south - it is delicious and a rare treat for me!!! I never eat it any other time but there is a special place in my heart for gravy - :-)
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain.
I never have a plan - I am a very flighty and spontaneous person. I hope I never find a plan or make a plan because I sense that that is the best way to be let down...no expectations is the way to live!
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day.
Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy
playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on
November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a
railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on?
Seriously?!?!?!?! Is this really true!?!?!?I LOVE LOVE LOVE Monopoly. That truly is my favorite game and I have the BEG my family to play it with me!
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?
Jesus Take the Wheel! Love it!
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what is something
you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're
My entire life and my outlook on life! I try everyday to be positive and grateful! It is the only way to live! I recovery we learn to take inventory everyday and it truly does make you a better person!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!!!!Thanks Joyce for hosting!