Yea! It's Wednesday and that means it is time to link up with Joyce for Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. In two or three sentences, tell us what Veteran's Day means to you.
I have so many veterans in my life...family and friends! I think it means taking time to thank all those that fought so hard to give us the right to our basic freedoms. I am eternal grateful to each and every one of them, whether I know them or not. Thanks for everything you gave and sacrificed for others.
2. What's your favorite film with a patriotic theme woven into the storyline? I love Forrest Gump...does that count?
3. Flu shot-yes or no? If you answered no, do you plan to get a flu shot? If not, why not? Have you ever had the flu? NO flu shot! I get the flu shot every year. Maybe I am too paranoid but I get sick a lot so it definitely helps me....that is just me though...LOL!
4. I've seen lots of people posting pictures of their Christmas trees up and decorated. Many stores have had Christmas on display since well before Halloween. Red cups are back at Starbucks, sans the holiday decor and that has some people up in arms. What are your thoughts on all the holiday ruckus this second week of November? I love Christmas but I also love Halloween and Thanksgiving! I give them all their proper celebratory time periods - HA! If i did not love Thanksgiving so much I would already have my tree up because I love my ornnaments and I have SO MANY Christmas decorations compared to the other holidays. Every year I try to hold off on the tree at least until Thanksgiving is over.
5. What 'critter' are you most afraid of encountering unexpectedly? Why that one? This is simple for me! I cannot stand spiders! I am not sure why or what it is about them but I cannot be anywhere near a spider...big or small...ICK! I get itchy and feel like they are all over me!
6. Do you like building things? What's the last thing you 'built'? I did not think I was a builder however, over Halloween I realized that I am and I love it! We had a Lego themed party at work and I had to "build" a Lego bat and pumpkin and I loved every second of it! Seriously, it was so fun! I am going to get ones for every holiday now!
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude...what are you most grateful for that brings beauty to your daily life?I'm so grateful for my family! They are supportive, loving and fun! I could not have chosen better people to get to call family! I love each and every one of them so much!
8. Insert your own random thought.
I cannot wait to get my hair colored tonight after work - I waited way too long and my grey is showing! Ugh!
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week!