Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Amazing Weekend - Color Race Recap

What an amazeballs weekend I had!!! I got to go spend the weekend with my sister and her family and we ran the color race together in Hershey on Saturday morning!

Here is me before we left for the race - we forgot our striped socks but I never forget my fanny pack ever!!!!!! This baby is with me every race! We had a start time of 8AM (since we were in the runners only corral) and we had t leave at about 6:15 AM to get to the race early. This was right before eating my English muffin and bolting out the door!


Here we are in the start corral!!! Lots and lots of people!!!




A little shot of my sister Kerry and I (I am on the left) and another of or little jogging group of three! I am on the right in the photo below and my sister is on the left. Her Zumba instructor and friend Diane is the girl in the middle! They were soo fun to run with (I slowed them BOTH wayyyy down and they were still nice and polite to me)! HA


This is about 1 mile into the 5K...we hit the yellow color station!


Then we came upon the bubble station!!! So fun to run through!!!!


After the bubbles and some serious grassy hills we ran into the pink station!!


And the next to the last color was the blue station!


IO wanted to capture them jumping so we hit this back path in the shade that was about 1 mile from the end and I asked them to start jumping and I would catch it...LOL! This is as good as it got!


Last, but not least, was the orange station!!!!


My sisters friend Diane was nice enough to run ahead and get this great shot of us crossing the finish line together!!! This is my favorite picture from the day even though I do not look so great! HA


Who knew?!?!?! This is the first time we actually got BLING at the end of the color run! Love this!!!


I got a packet of purple when I crossed the finish and decided that I should throw a handful in my own face - strange, I know!!!


Here is our little group at the end!!!!


Trying one last time for a jumping picture.....


And finally I got them!! Yea me!


What a great day it was!!!


We threw the rest our packets and glitter on each other and called it a successful run!!!


Here is our whole group of girls together at the end!!! Most of these ladies take Zumba with Diane!


We left the run and went home to immediately shower and spend the rest of the weekend catching up with my nieces and nephew and sister! My sister is amazing and always so welcoming!!! She made my favorite meal Chicken Pan Pie for dinner the night I got there so I got to enjoy that ALL weekend too (should have gotten a picture!) Awesome weekend of gardening, shopping, bonding and chatting - my kind of weekend!

Thanks again for letting me visit and I had an amazing weekend visit as always!!!!!!!!!







3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do a Color Run! It looks so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Makes me wish I had a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great weekend and race! thanks for linking up on #TuesdayTales

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...