Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weekend 'O Accomplishment

What a weekend so far!

This is my snack for the weekend! I spent three hours in the snowstorm Friday night cleaning three HUGE pomegranates. YUM!

This was pretty much my entire weekend. I made my holiday hard tack candy for gifts this weekend and my fingers are sooooo sore from breaking the candy! I remember now, this is one of those times it is nice to have a man to help....hee!
Here are the ingredients...
Here are the wintergreen and clove completed. This is a photo of two double batches of both flavors. This was done Friday. Then on Sarurday I did two double batches of cinnamon and anise. Yum!
Here is a photo of the last cinnamon batch while I was breaking it up.
This is the completed product! So glad to be finished...I love making this every yes rand it feels so good when others actually like it. My two aunts ask every year if I am making it or not....hee.
Here is a close up of the label I made this year. Everyone always wants to know the flavors so I figured I might as well make a label this year. Love it!
This is my score from Jenna and my trip to the Strip District in Pittsburgh this morning. I got Hummus, Tabouleh, lobster mac and cheese from Wholeys, huntsman and lemon Stilton cheeses from Penn Mac, peanut butter chocolate popcorn from Pittsburgh Popcorn, Pita chips and Spanakopita from Stamoolis....we are talking SERIOUSLY good food. I see a Greek or Mediterranean theme today...hee!

Well, that is my weekend recap.

No workouts at all. I will make up for that tomorrow with some cardio hip hop and a run outside if possible.

Happy Weekend yinz!!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's some nice home made gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lot of work & very impressive! hope you rested afterwards.

    xoxo, Amy @ Interpret As You May

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...