Thursday, April 4, 2013

Non-Scale Victories #11


I came across this linkup completely by chance from a blogger friend.  I LOVE this idea so I will now be participating every week! YIPPEE!!
Their linkup is to remind ourselves that even if the scale isn't moving that we can still be moving in the right direction. Celebrate every healthy choice!  So, take a minute to list you non-scale victories from this week and linkup with Katie and Lex!!!
Here's mine...
I was shopping around looking for a dress to wear for Easter this year with my family.  Then I remembered...about two years ago I bought a dress when I was my thinest in a long time (it's an XL in regular people clothes).  It was a really pretty floral A-line dress with a short jacket and I only wore it once to an event.  I then started dating a guy and was in an unhealthy relationship and slowly gained pound after pound over the next two years. Fast forward to the week before Easter...I decided to try it on.  I have been seriously exercising and eating healthy for about 6 months now and slowly losing all that weigh I put on.  I think I have lost about 40 so far.  Well.....I put it on and it fit!!! In fact, it was even loose and I actually looked cute for Easter if I must say so myself!!!!!! Ha Ha - yeah me!!! It was sooooo motivational!!! I cant wait for a few more weeks to pass and I can try even smaller clothes I have saved from before!!!
My second happened in the tub....as silly as it sounds....I love soaking in the tub and before I was so big that I could not fill the tub and cover my WHOLE self...ha ha....TMI I am sure!  Well, now, I am proud to say that I am completely covered in hot, sudsy water when I soak - another NSV.  HA HA - please still be my bloggy friend even after that last TMI NSV.......hee hee!!!


I cant wait to hear everyone elses and also meet new friends!!!!


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you. I laughed out loud at the bath tub one but it's sooo true! I can't wait to feel like a normal person in a regular sized tub! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am linking up with KTJ and Lex and wanted to give you some love through following you and leaving your a comment!

    It's so great when clothes fit! I am on a clothes hiatus until I fit back into the ones I have and it is hard somedays!

    The NSV's your shared are great!

    Madalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann!! You make me laugh and Heck Ya, that dress and your tubby time are absolutely something to blog about - I know exactly what you mean! And now that I think about it, I haven't taken a bath since I've lost - might have to do that this weekend to see if I don't overflow the tub!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so nice that you didn't have to buy a new dress. I have so many clothes that I barely wore before I grew out of them. And the tub thing - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I totally scrolled to far down and posted my comment in the wrong spot! Anyway- This is a great NSV! That is seriously so awesome! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh I love the tub one!! My tub is stupid it's slanted. I hate it! What's sad is that we bought it new but it never occurred to me to "try it out" before we bought it.

    ReplyDelete

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...