Monday, September 10, 2012

Lemon Tabouli

I am soooo happy to be home and hanging out with my babies again!!
Kidrock
Angelica
I am home from a loooooong first day back to work after vacation and I am making lemon tabouli salad from Epicurious!!

After these yummy ingredients are all chopped up; it is off to Zumba at the gym! Whoop whoop!!


Lemon Tabouli

  • 1/2 cup fine grain #1 bulgur
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 cups finely diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup chopped cucumber
  • 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint leaves
  • Tender romaine leaves
1. Place the bulgur in a fine sieve, rinse under cold running water, squeeze dry, and soak in the lemon juice for 45 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the bulgur.
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, cinnamon, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Drizzle on the olive oil and toss. Fold in the bulgur,parsley, and mint and mix well. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
3. Taste and correct the flavors with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve with crisp inner leaves of romaine lettuce for scooping up the salad.
 

Oh and, I forgot about this awesome find!! I saw this polish color on one of the salesgirls in Sephora and fell in love with the color! It is by Nails Inc. and is called Baker Street....is it not AWESOME?!?

I hope everyone had a great Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...