I am soooo happy to be home and hanging out with my babies again!!
After these yummy ingredients are all chopped up; it is off to Zumba at the gym! Whoop whoop!!
- 1/2 cup fine grain #1 bulgur
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups finely diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh mint leaves
- Tender romaine leaves
1. Place the bulgur in a fine sieve, rinse under cold running water, squeeze dry, and soak in the lemon juice for 45 minutes. Use a fork to fluff the bulgur.
2. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, scallions, cinnamon, and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Drizzle on the olive oil and toss. Fold in the bulgur,parsley, and mint and mix well. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
3. Taste and correct the flavors with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve with crisp inner leaves of romaine lettuce for scooping up the salad.
Oh and, I forgot about this awesome find!! I saw this polish color on one of the salesgirls in Sephora and fell in love with the color! It is by Nails Inc. and is called Baker Street....is it not AWESOME?!?