Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I remember...


 I will always remember that morning in 2001; I was on a vacation day and was at home in my apartment on Library Road when I actually saw the news cut into whatever I was watching that morning.

They said a plane hit one of the towers in New York and that terrorism was NOT suspected.  Right then, my mother called and asked if I knew what was going on.

For the next few hours of that day information slowly unfolded that another plane hit the other tower, it was terrorism, a third plane hit the pentagon and a fourth plane went down near Somerset (which is about 1 hour from where I live).

What a sad day of destruction.  So many heroes stepped up during that day and the days to follow and I simply remember a deep feeling of gratitude for simply being alive!


I WILL NEVER FORGET!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...