Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Week With Obama - Tuesday

Soooooooooo - just like yesterday - today we were in class from 8AM to about 4:30PM. It was really dark looking up at the sky and I was concerned that it would pour down rain before I got to see anything so I ended up taking a cab (only two blocks further than I walked yesterday) to the Washington Monument and got dropped off there.

Interestingly, today was the day they had engineers repelling down the monument to check it for damage after that earthquake last month so that was pretty neat to see although it is still closed off from getting close to it or going in it...:-(



Washington Monument - see the ropes down the sides?!?!



Another shot of the bottom...now see the ropes?!?!?

A shot from further away...





This is a picture on a billbboard of the reflecting pool - the reflecting pool has been drained and it being renovated...again, a little sad for this visitor :-(





National WWII Memorial - it was beautiful...not sure what the green water signified but it was pretty...



This is a shot of the Lincoln Memorial in the distance...the rocks in the path to it are where the reflecting pool used to be...not very pretty right now... :-(




A shot with the Washington Monument and the WWII Memorial




A close up of the PA pillar...did not want these two in the picture but they hung out there forever...



Another with Washington Monument and WWII Memorial





This said it was the Lock Keeper's House...not sure what that is...


Here's the sign for this...







This is some kid of Arts Preservation building...loved the statues...



Tthe White House - South entrance...again, had to stay REALLY far away...


Another...


And another...by this time I was pretending that Obama and Michelle were on the deck waving to me - HA!


Security gates EVERYWHERE!!!!


Security gate to drive into the White House...


This is a neat memorial on the way to the White House - not sure what it is though...





Here is a shot of all the baracades at the White House - they block off Pennsylvania Ave...you can't drive there at all...


A neat building along my walking path through town...


And another neat building...


And another...



I took this photo because I think this is who Robin Williams played in A Night at the Museum...I think it is General Custer....pretty neat - I am going to look this up soon!



This explains what happened the night Lincoln was shot at Fords Theater...it is posted in a window next to the Fords Theater and across the street from Petersen House which I believe is where Lincoln died.


Petersen House where Lincoln was taken after he was shot...it is the pink one...




Fords Theater





Hard Rock D.C.



Pretty flowers along E Street



United States Courthouse...



This is where I got my dinner from tonight...LUKES...I was afraid I was going to get poured on by now so I was in a hurry and got it to go...




My bag of deliciousness......


My dinner - shrimp roll (it was recommended by the employees over the lobster roll!) It was soooo good I am going back for a lobster roll hopefully tomorrow...




And my clam chowder was also delicious!!!!!!!!!!




And, last but not least, after a long day in DC....I hit the gym at the hotel and cranked this out....then swan and floated in the pool....hung out in the sauna...showered and now I am posting....



I hope you all have a great night - it is time for me to hit the hay for another long day of training and maybe signtseeing (may have a day off if we get the storms they are predicting)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...