Thursday, February 25, 2010

Great New Recipe

I got this great new recipe from the Weight Watchers website and it was amazingly good!!
I see awesome chicken recipes posted constantly on blogs however, alot of times they have canned cream soups or cream cheese added and that kinda does not jibe with the whole weight loss thingy!!!! LOL
Anyway I saw this and decided it would be something different to try and we loved it last night!!
Waliacha could not get enough and the chicken was the juiciest baked chicken I have ever had!!!
Here is the WW recipe - seriously try this even if you dont do weight watchers - it is soooo yummy!!!!

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

In a bowl combine...
2 tsps paprika
2 tsps thyme
2 tsps rosemary
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Press the chicken breasts (I used 4 halfbreasts coated on both sides) into the mixture of dry ingredients in the bowl to coat them all

Heat 1 T olive oil in non stick pan and add the coated chicken breasts. Fry on medium heat for two minutes on each side.
Then add 12 peeled garlic cloves (whole) and 1 1/2 c chicken broth to the frying pan.
Scrape the bottom on the pan to remove all the good stuff fried on the bottom and them transfer the whole thing into a pyrex square baking disk (you can skip the transfer part if you frying pan can go into a 450 degree oven - mine could not)
Then bake 15-20 minutes
Remove from oven and with a fork smash the garlic pieces into the broth.
Then serve...we did veggies and mashed potatoes and used the juice as a gravy.....sooooo good!!!
I promise you will love this!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...