Monday, November 17, 2008

Grateful for Dads.....


There are things today that I am grateful for that in the past I NEVER thought I would say that about.
For example - my father teaching us to drive a stick-shift car and making us take our driving tests in a manual car. To this day, so many people are amazed that I can drive one and I know that I will not purchase a car that is not manual.
Also - my father being the handyman that he was; growing up I got top watch him fix everything from our cars to the toaster and TV. This mindset has followed me through life and I am soo grateful for that.
An example is that I have been having issues with a warning light in my car. I have a Chevy Cavalier and first I googled the error light and tried to replace my DRL fuse. This did not resolve the issue. Then, over the weekend someone told me I had a padiddle (paddidle itself brought back A TON of memories from high school, etc.) however I knew what I had to do.
I went to the auto store and looked up my car and year and found and purchased a new front headlamp. Then I got out my handy-dandy instruction manual for the Cavalier and following the steps in the manual changed my headlight!!!!! It was sooooooo fun - my mailman thought I had no clue but I sure showed him. And best of all - they both work now!!!!!!! Now I am trying to decide if I should "pimp my ride" using the really bright lights since I now know how to do it. LOL
Anyway, shout out to dads of the world making their little girls learn important life skills!!!!! Thanks Dad for the confidence and skills to try to fix anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ICU Nurse it is

 Hi everyone!! I am just here checking in quickly. I almost feel bad checking in as it has been an eternity since I posted!!! UGH! Life has ...